Name of Organization / Sponsor
* Contact Person
Specify dimensions of unit (length, width, height)
Number of people participating
Number of units in entry, such as floats / classic cars / motocycles
Description: This information will be used by announcers and should be detailed and complete)
List the names of all royalty, band directors, drum major and other important personnel in entry:
Any stories or items of special interest to share regarding entry?
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Entries must observe all applicable rules and regulations and follow all instruction from police or parade
officials, or be removed from the parade. The Burien Independence Day Committee reserves the right to remove any entrant from the parade.
2. All entries are by invitation only and must be approved by the Parade Committee. Accepted entries will receive written notice. Entries may display a wide variety of design, so long as they are in good taste and in keeping with the family atmosphere of the event.
3. Your assembly area and assembly time will be forwarded to you in a separate letter.
4. Distribution of candy, gifts, merchandise, literature or other material along the parade route must be handed out, not thrown.
5. All floats must have walkers at all 4 corners of float.
6. Forward movement maneuver ONLY are permitted by the marching units. A spacing of 50 feet between each unit will be enforced. All units are required to close the gap between participants when asked by parade
7. Parade participants may not mingle with or accost parade route spectators.
8. Floats and other units advocating, opposing or depicting any political, religious or social issues are subject to approval by the Parade Committee.
9. Alcoholic beverages are strictly forbidden on any float, in any vehicle or on the person of any participant. Participants consuming alcohol prior to or during the parade will be removed from the line-up.
10. The Burien 4th of July Committee reserves the right to withdraw any unit of which costume or performance does not meet parade rules and regulations, or conform to the standards of reasonable public taste.
11. Helmets must be worn for all motorcycles and scooters.
12. PARADE COMMITTEE DECISIONS REGARDING ALL ENTRIES ARE FINAL.
HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
(must be signed by the person(s) managing the entry):
I (we) assume all risk of bodily injury or property damage that I (we) may incur in participating in the Burien 4th
of July parade. I (we) hereby, for myself, my children, my heirs, executors and administrators do hereby, expressly and forever waive and release any and all claims against and agree to hold harmless the Burien Independence Day Parade Committee, City of Burien, all Independence Day Sponsors, Discover Burien, their respective officers, employees, volunteers, agents, representatives, sponsors, successors or assigns of any kind from any and all claims which may be made for any cause whatsoever arising of any kind from any and all claims which may be made for any cause whatsoever arising as a result, of or in connection with, the participation of me, my group, or my children, in the herein mentioned event.
I have read the rules and Hold Harmless and agree to them.
Thank you for registering for the Burien 4th of July Parade. You will be email information 1 week prior to the event.